What do students learn at the ISTO?
Teaching at ISTO revolves around strategic and organizational issues in the context of information and communication technology (ICT) industries. Examples: Why do companies employ certain strategies? What are the consequences of strategic interactions between companies? How could innovative companies’ organization look like? How can organizations adapt to changing circumstances such as the rapidly increasing availability of data?
It is our aim to provide students with a solid theoretical foundation and extensive methodological knowledge. This should enable them to analyze complex challenges in the corporate environment in a structured manner and to develop adequate solutions. It is therefore important for us to apply theoretical concepts to situations of practical management by discussing case studies in our courses.
How can courses at ISTO enrich your studies?
You benefit most from our courses if ...
• You are interested in strategic decision-making and management in a global context.
• You want to get to know and understand the dynamics of the ICT and media industries.
• You want to explore the impact of (technological) innovation in competitive markets.
• You want to acquire profound knowledge of empirical and methodological skills.
- Retake Exam: Strategic Organization Design
- Global Business Game
- Master entrance exam: Competition & Strategy
- Hauptseminar: Empirical Innovation Research
- Technology and Strategy
- Management and Economics of Network Industries
- Proseminar: Organizations, Incentives and Employment
- Teaching Archive Bachelor